Spain is Europe’s second most mountainous country after Switzerland and offers the visitor varied vistas and beautiful scenery to match the culture, history, food and wine. Discover the quiet, rural back-roads and cycle trails of Spain on one of our small group cycling holidays. Browse the list below for cycling tours all over Spain and for every level of cyclist from easy up to strenuous.
What to expect from cycling tours in Spain with Explore
- An expert tour leader/driver to assist, advise and co-ordinate the trip
- 24-speed hybrid bikes with pannier, water bottle holder, lock and map holder. Unlike some tour operators there are no additional charges for bike hire or the hassle of transporting your own bike to the start of the tour
- A set of route marked photocopied maps with comprehensive and clear instructions. Each day you can cycle at your own pace, either on your own, with one or two others or perhaps as a full group - it's very flexible, you can start whenever you want in the morning and go as slowly or quickly as you like, stopping for breaks whenever you feel like it
- A well thought out and planned route avoiding busy roads and taking in the most attractive countryside and villages along the way, as well as all the cultural highlights of the region
- Well balanced days combining cycling with sightseeing and enjoying the region's food and wine
Whether you are a seasoned cyclist or a casual fair-weather biker there is a cycling tour to suit you in Spain. Explore has seven options to choose from, in different regions and at different cycle grades.