Jordan is a fascinating country with a rich cultural history and plenty of adventure for everyone. Visit the Rose Red City of Petra, float in the saline waters of the Dead Sea, rediscover Lawrence’s Arabia at Wadi Rum, and explore Crusader castles, Roman ruins and ancient biblical sites.
- The first view of Petra and the magnificent Treasury, hewn from the red rocks, appearing magically before you as you emerge from the Siq
- Floating in the Dead Sea and enjoying an invigorating mud bath is an experience you’ll never forget.
- Seeing the mountains rise out of the desert sands and the beautiful landscapes while travelling to our Bedouin camp on camels
When to go
During the autumn and spring temperatures are warm and pleasant, making it the best time to visit Jordan. It can get cold during the winter months and it isn’t uncommon to experience snow in January. The summer can be very hot with high humidity but early morning & late afternoon sight seeing make it just as good a holiday choice at this time.
Personalise your holiday
Did you know that Explore also offer Tailor made holidays to Jordan? If we don’t have the right dates or availability for you on one of our group tours or you would like to customise your itinerary, then our expert team can put together your ideal itinerary on the dates that suit you.
Some examples of ideas for your tailor made holiday to Jordan include:
- Staying in eco lodges in Jordan’s nature reserves
- Enjoying trekking and wildlife spotting with local guides
- Indulging in a luxury spa experience at the Dead Sea
- Trekking across mountains from Dana to Petra with local Bedouin guides
- Watching a Roman chariot race at Jerash hippodrome
- Staying in luxury camps at Wadi Rum
Get more information and example itineraries for your own Explore Tailormade holidays in Jordan.