This is the United Kingdom website0845 291 4541
Find a tour
Beyond The Altiplano BA
Highlights Of Bolivia
deserts. As we travel into the mountains, we see some of Bolivia's colonial heritage. We stay in towns filled with baroque architecture and learn of the riches under the ground which kept the Spanish in
this area. Not for the claustrophobic, we can visit a working mine. We stay in Candelaria learning more about Bolivia's textiles and visit the renowned Indian Sunday market at Tarabuco. Heading north to the
Amazon basin, we take a boat trip along the River Tuichi to our jungle lodge in the rainforest. Here local experts take us on hikes to show us the range of wildlife unique to this area. Our transport varies from
public buses and trains to planes and river canoe. Accommodation can be basic, dormitory style with shared facilities. As this tour includes a boat trip, an ability to swim is recommended.
- La Paz - Guided tour of city including Colonial Quarter and Witches Market area.
- Uyuni - Visit salt desert.
- Fish Island - See unique cacti.
- Potosi - Colonial town made rich from silver.
- Cerro Rico - Visit silver mine.
- Sucre - Sightseeing in this charming town.
- Candelaria - Stay in weaving hacienda.
- Tarabuco - Visit Indian market.
- Rurrenabeque - Picturesque jungle town.
- Amazon Rainforest - Hikes & wildlife spotting in Madidi National Park with local guide.
- Lake Titicaca - Visit lakeside village of Puerto Perez.
1Join tour La Paz
2In La Paz; city tour; visit Tiahuanaco
3Bus to Jijira, Uyuni region
4Visit Salt Desert and Fish Island; bus to Uyuni
5Bus to Potosi
6Visit mine in ‘Cerro Rico’ silver mountain
7Bus to Sucre and afternoon sightseeing
8Drive to Candelaria
9Visit Tarabuco Indian market; Fly to La Paz
10Fly to Rurrenabeque in tropical lowlands
11By motor-canoe to Chalalan jungle lodge in Madidi National Park
13River canoe to Rurrenabeque
14Fly to La Paz; drive Puerto Perez
15Puerto Perez to La Paz
16Tour ends La Paz
Each departure date has it's own dedicated tour note, detailing all you need to know about that tour. Whether you've already booked, or weighing up your options, please choose carefully the relevant itinerary for you.
We have the following different versions of the Beyond The Altiplano tour available at present.
Please select a date: