2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 8 nights Standard Hotel
- 6 nights Simple Cabin
Ferry/Local Bus/Taxi/ Motorised Greek caique - 8-twin share cabins with private facilities.
Approx 8 -
Explore Tour Leader, captain & boat crew.
This is a 5 day trek with an average of 5 hours walking each day. We have graded the trek as easy to moderate.
Greek Islands Walking Week & Cruise
This trip combines a walking tour to two of the least explored Cycladic Islands, Tinos and Andros, with a week-long cruise aboard a traditional Greek Caique. The Cycladic Islands are ideal for a walking holiday: we follow ancient mule tracks through vineyards, orange groves and across herb-scented hillsides to find sleepy hamlets and wonderful, unspoilt beaches. We trek to the cliff-top monastery at Panachrantos, visit the ruined castle at Exobourgo Peak (570m) and explore the Venetian hilltop fortress of Paliokastro. Later we spend the final week aboard a traditional Greek caique for a relaxing cruise along the beautiful Evia Island coastline. We discover deserted coves where we can moor the boat and swim or snorkel in the warm Aegean waters. We stop to visit the harbour town of Karystos, explore the archaeological ruins at Eretria and eat some delicious Greek cuisine in local tavernas.
- Tinos - Exploring the spiritual centre of Greece with walks to Volax, Kolymbithra Bay and remote Tiniote villages around Hora.
- Andros - The most fertile island of the Cyclades. Hikes to hidden hamlets along ancient mule paths.
- Greek Caique - 6 nights on board our own caique cruising through the gulf of Evia
- Unspoilt gulf and historic island of Evia - swimming, snorkelling and exploring beautiful countryside and villages
- Karystos - Climb up to Castello Rosso
- Traditional food - Sample local food at village tavernas
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Rafina
Sail to Tinos; walk to Myrsini Village
On Tinos; walk to Kolymbithra
On Tinos; optional bus or boat trips
On Tinos; Sail to Andros
On Andros; walk to Korthi
On Andros; walk to Panachrantos Monastery
Join Caique in Evia
Cruise to Panagia
To Eretria via Porto Buffalo
Cruise to Nea Styra
To Marmari via Porto Lafia
Return Karystos via Petali Islands
Ferry to Rafina then transfer to Athens International Airport