2013/14 Standard Itinerary
Approx 10 -
Explore local leader plus driver
A Discovery Holiday To Algeria
Algeria is steeped in a rich cultural and archaeological history. On this adventure we discover influences from the Berbers, Romans, Byzantines and Arabs. We explore the coastal capital of Algiers and discover the ancient cities of Tipaza and Cherchell. Travelling across the Sahara Desert to the MZab Valley we also visit fortified cities and oasis towns.
- M’Zab Valley - Unique fortified ksours built by the Mozabites, described as "a Cubist painting beautifully constructed".
- Roman ruins - Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Sites of Djemila, Timgad and Tipaza.
- Constantine - City of chasms and bridges and the former capital of the Numidian kings.
- Annaba and Hippo Regius - Algeria's north-east coast, overlooking Phoenicians cities and harbours.
- Algiers - Explore the historic kasbah and visit the Cathedral of Notre Dame d’Afrique.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Algiers. Afternoon city tour
Fly to Annaba: visit Hippo Regius and St Augustine's Basilica
Drive to Guelma via Souk Ahras, Madaure and Khemissa
Drive to Constantine. Afternoon city tour
Morning drive to Timgad. Afternoon visit Lambaesis, then continue to Biskra
Drive to el-Oued via the viewpoint at Rhoufi
Drive to Touggourt
Drive to Ghardaïa via Ouargla
Exploring the M’Zab Valley
Fly to Algiers. Afternoon walking tour of the kasbah
Visit Tipaza and Cherchell
Tour ends Algiers