2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 7 nights Basic Guesthouse
Charter bus, bicycle, double-seat fibre-glass canoe. Optional horse-riding is a popular local activity.
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader plus transfer driver(s). Back-up support is provided whilst cycling and canoeing allowing shorter activities if preferred.
Andalucia Adventure Holiday
On our twin-centre trip we explore the delights of two quite contrasting and little-known regions of rural Spain and Portugal on foot, bicycle and by canoe. We include several activities graded easy to moderate, though more strenuous options are easy to arrange on tour if you prefer. Alternatively, take it easy on any of the days and enjoy the lovely surrounding countryside.Our accommodation has been carefully selected to ensure a combination of comfort, local character and location.
- Castaño Del Robledo - Stay in a converted traditional village house in the untouched Sierra de Aracena
- Aracena - Market town famous for an impressive 13th Century Knights Templar church
- Guadiana River - Kayaking through picturesque and peaceful surroundings
- Seville - Optional day trip to Andalucia's capital
- Mertola - One of the most stunning and historical towns in the region
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Arrive Seville; drive to Castaño del Robledo
Walk to Aracena via Alajar; optional cave visit
Cycling in the Sierra de Aracena
At leisure in Castaño
Drive to Mértola (Portugal)
6 to 7
In Mértola; Kayak & walk
Drive to Faro (Portugal); tour ends Faro airport