Why book this tour?
See four countries in 12 daysn and visit a number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites. Enjoy the stunning mountain scenery of the Dinaric Alps and Adriatic Coast and the beautiful fortified towns of Dubrovnik, Kotor, Mostar and Trebinje.
2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 2 nights Simple Guest House
- 8 nights Standard Hotel
- 1 night Simple Pension
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s) and some local guides.
Travelling through the heart of former Yugoslavia, we discover four countries that have been shaped by a rich but turbulent history. Against a backdrop of jagged mountain peaks and dramatic coastlines we explore several UNESCO World Heritage cities, fascinating old towns and enjoy the beautiful scenery of Durmitor National Park.
- Dubrovnik - Explore one of the finest medieval cities in the world
- Cultural gems - Discover the glittering cultural heritage of Kotor, Mostar and Trebinj
- Mount Zlatibor - Visit the stunning open air museum at Sirogojno and enjoy the opportunity to ride on the unique and historic Šargan Eight narrow gauge railway
- Bridge Over the Drina - UNESCO World Heritage Site and the subject of Ivo Andric’s famous novel
- Sarajevo - Explore the cultural highlights of the city known as the ‘Jerusalem of Europe’
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Cavtat (Croatia)
Drive to Dubrovnik, city tour, then afternoon transfer to Prcanj (Montenegro)
Walking tour of medieval Kotor, boat trip in Kotor Bay
Swimming at Sveti Stefan, optional boat trip on Skadar Lake
Drive to Zabljak; walk in Durmitor National Park
Drive to Sirogojno (Serbia), visit the open air museum and Mileševa Monastery
Drive to Mokra Gora, optional ride on the Šargan Eight Railway
Drive to Sarajevo (Bosnia Herzegovina) via The Bridge Over the Drina
In Sarajevo; city tour
Drive to Mostar; city tour and free time
Drive to Trebinje for a city tour, return to Cavtat
Tour ends Cavtat