2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 8 nights Standard Hotel
- 1 night Basic Train
- 5 nights Simple Hotel
Bus, boat and train.
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour leader plus driver(s).
Bangladesh And India Budget Tour
Take a journey of discovery with us through Bangladesh and India. Along the way we explore ancient citadels, elegant temples and Buddhist monasteries. We take a boat trip through the world’s largest mangrove forest in Sundarban National Park. Crossing into India we travel to Varanasi, the spiritual city known as Benares. We also spend time in the vibrant cities of Delhi and Kolkata.
- Dhaka - Explore the cultural and historic highlights of one of South Asia’s most vibrant cities
- Bogra - Visit the important archaeological ruins of Sompura Mahavihara and Mahasthangarh
- The Sundarbans - Take a cruise through the UNESCO World Heritage landscapes of one of the world’s largest mangrove forests
- Agra, Calcutta and Delhi - Discover the rich heritage of India’s Mughal and colonial past
- Varanasi - Explore the ghats and temples of one of the holiest Hindu cities on earth. Visit the birthplace of Buddhism at Sarnath
What we say
Hannah Methven, Product Manager for Asia, recently visted Bangladesh. Read her personal account of this fascinating country 'Adventure Travel in Bangladesh'
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Dhaka (Bangladesh)
Sightseeing in Dhaka
Drive to Bogra. Visit Sompura Mahavihara Monastery
Visit Kantajee Temple and the Mahasthangar Citadel
Drive to Pabna via Puthia
Drive to Khulna via Kushtia and Shilaidaha
Morning boat ride through the Sundarbans. Afternoon visit to 60 Domed Mosque
Drive to Calcutta via border crossing at Benapole
Free in Calcutta
Morning train to Varanasi
Visit Sarnath. Optional evening aarti festival by boat
Full day in old Varanasi. Overnight train to Agra
Arrive Agra. Afternoon optional tour of Agra Fort and It-mud-ullah
Sunrise visit to the Taj Mahal, then morning train to Delhi.
Tour ends in Delhi