2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 13 nights Standard Hotel
- 1 night Basic Public Bus
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver, boatmen and some local guides.
Buenos Aires To Rio Overland
On this exciting overland journey we travel from Argentina’s capital Buenos Aires to the vibrant city of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil. Along the way we tour the attractive city of Curitiba, explore the coastal town of Paraty and visit the tropical island of Ilha Grande. A trip highlight is the thundering waters of Iguazu Falls – one of the most spectacular waterfalls in the world.
- Buenos Aires - Tango capital of the world, elegant and seductive.
- Iguazu Falls - South America’s most beautiful waterfalls, view from both the Brazilian and Argentinean sides
- Paraty - Jewel of Portuguese colonial architecture
- Ilha Grande - Verdant island with great beaches and opportunities for walks
- Rio De Janeiro - South America’s most stunning and vibrant city including Christ the Redeemer, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World
What we say
Staff Member Teresa Mozley travelled on this tour in 2012.
"Tango in BA, Samba in Rio, trains, public buses, beaches, one of the current Seven Wonders, and of course great food. You certainly come back from this trip feeling you’ve really seen a couple of fabulous countries."
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Buenos Aires
In Buenos Aires; walking tour
Explore Buenos Aires, overnight bus to Iguazu
Arrive Puerto Iguazu; free day
At Iguazu Falls; visit Brazilian side
Public bus to Curitiba
In Curitiba; optional train to Serra do Mar
8 to 9
Drive to Paraty; free time, optional boat trip/snorkelling
Drive and ferry to Ilha Grande; free time.
On Ilha Grande
Drive to Rio
13 to 14
In Rio: optional city tour
Tour ends Rio