2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 2 nights Standard Hotel
- 6 nights Comfortable Hotel
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s).
We walk on 6 days of this tour, with about 4 to 6 hours walking each day. Our trek grade for this tour is easy to moderate.
Central Turkey Walking Tour
Based in a unique cave hotel we explore the beautiful region of Cappadocia on foot. Soft volcanic rock has been eroded over many centuries to form this distinctive landscape. Walking along trails through this striking terrain we discover the famous cone shaped ‘fairy chimneys’, rock-cut churches and Uchisar ‘Castle’. We also visit traditional villages and explore the spectacular underground city of Kaymakli.
- Istanbul - Discover the magic of 'Old Istanbul' on foot, including the 'Blue Mosque'
- Cappadocia - Explore this unique landscape of enchanting valleys, 'fairy chimneys' and cave dwellings
- Ihlara - Walk along this narrow valley dotted with rock-cut churches and well -preserved Byzantine frescoes
- Kaymakli - Visit an historic city carved out underground as a safe haven for local inhabitants to live in turbulent times.
- Cave Hotel - Stay in a beautiful local hotel with walls cut out of the rock
What you say
Top Ten Turkey Highlights - Explore's Jude Berry has travelled extensively in Turkey. Read her top ten Turkish highlights.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Istanbul
In Istanbul, city tour; fly to Kayseri then transfer to Ihlara
Walk Ihlara Valley
Drive vis Kaymakli underground city to Goreme, walk in Zemi Valley
Walk Akvadi Valley, visit Uchisar, walk Pigeon Valley
Walk through Gomede Valley to Mustafapasa
Walk in Pancarlik and Kizilcukur valleys via Cavusin to Goreme
Walk up Bozdag mountain
Tour ends Goreme