2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 7 nights Simple Hotel
- 3 nights Basic Train
- 2 nights Simple Village House
- 2 nights Standard Hotel
Approx 12 -
Minimum Age: 11
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s) and some local guides.
China Family Tour
Travelling across China by train, this fast-paced journey takes us from the imperial palaces of Beijing to the skyscrapers of Hong Kong. Trip highlights include Xian's Terracotta Army, giant pandas in Chengdu and the rural town of Yangshou. We also walk through the vast 'Dragon's Backbone' rice terraces, stay in traditional villages houses and meet the local Zhuang tribe.
- Beijing - Walk along the Great Wall at Mutianyu. Explore Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Xian - Meet the famous Terracotta Army of Qin Shi Huangdi.
- Villages and Rice Terraces - Homestays and hikes amongst the rural villages of the Dong and the Zhuang.
- Yangshou - Float through the beautiful karst landscapes of the Li River.
- Hong Kong - Free time to explore one of Asia’s most vibrant cities.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Beijing
Drive to the Great Wall at Mutianyu
Free in Beijing. Overnight train to Xian
Arrive Xian. Free day
Visit the Terracotta Warriors
Morning flight to Chengdu. Free day
Visit Chengdu Panda Research Centre. Overnight train to Sanjiang
Arrive Sanjiang and transfer to Ma An Zhai Village; village walks
Drive to Pingan Village; village walks
Morning walk to Longji Village. Afternoon drive to Yangshou
Free in Yangshou
Morning free. Overnight train to Shenzen
Cross border into Hong Kong. Free on arrival
Free in Hong Kong
Tour ends Hong Kong