2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 2 nights Simple Hotel
- 5 nights Standard Hotel
Private and public buses.
Approx 10 -
Explore Tour Leader.
We walk for 4 days for an average of 5 hours each day. We have graded this trek as moderate.
Corsica Trekking Tour
Staying in historic Ajaccio on the coast and in the heart of the island at Corté, we enjoy day walks through the Corsican countryside, hiking through pretty villages and spectacular valleys. We walk through the magnificent Gorge du Tavignano, with soaring mountain peaks on both sides. We also explore local markets, enjoy traditional Corsican foods and wines, and have the chance to visit the coastal town of Calvi.
- Corsican landscapes - Day walks exploring the dramatic gorges, peaks and valleys of the surrounding countryside
- Ajaccio - Wander the streets of this attractive seaside port, birthplace of Napolean
- Corte - Lively university town, enjoy the stunning views from the old citadel of our inland base
- Calvi - Optional visit to historic coastal town on the island's north coast
- Food and wine - Enjoy local delicacies such as dried meats and produce from chestnut flour
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour at Ajaccio
Ajaccio market; coastal walk
Walk through the Gorge du Tavignano
Train to Venaco; Walk back to Corte
Walk to Punta di Zurmula.
Free morning in Corte; transfer to Ajaccio
Tour ends in Ajaccio