Why book this tour?
We spend two nights each in Kenya's Maasai Mara National Reserve and Tanzania's Serengeti National Park giving us plenty of time to explore these iconic gamelands. We also discover further wildlife at Lake Naivasha, the Ngorongoro crater and
Tarangire National Park. An optional excursion to the lands of the Datoga and Hadzabi bushmen at Lake Eyasi add another dimension to this world-class safari.
2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 13 Lunches
- 12 Dinners
- 12 Breakfasts
- 11 nights Basic Camping
- 1 night Simple Hotel
4WD Safari Truck/Land Rover(s) in Ngorongoro Crater.
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s) and cook.
Two Week Safari In Kenya & Tanzania
On this wildlife based holiday we travel through Kenya’s beautiful Rift Valley discovering Lake Naivasha, Crescent Island Nature Reserve and the shores of Lake Victoria. We explore the vast gamelands of the Maasai Mara in search of elephants, lions, leopards, cheetahs, buffaloes and rhinos. We also cross into Tanzania and discover the wildlife-rich Ngorongoro Crater and meet Maasai warriors and Hadzabi bushmen.
- Masai Mara & Serengeti - Game viewing in the most iconic and prolific national parks in Africa.
- Ngorongoro Crater - The world's largest intact caldera, home to rhino, leopard and giraffe.
- Great Rift Valley - Masai Villages and the "Cradle of Mankind"
- Tarangire - Large herds of elephants in baobab dotted bushland.
- Lake Naivasha - A walking safari and an opportunity to observe wildlife at close range.
- Lake Victoria - The second largest lake in the world and the source of the mighty river Nile.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Nairobi; drive to Lake Naivasha
AM Visit Crescent Island Nature Reserve; Drive to Ilariak
In Ilariak; drive to the Masai Mara
Game drives in the Masai Mara
Drive to Kisii
Drive to Musoma via the Isebania border crossing
Drive to Serengeti National Park
Games drives in Serengeti N.P.
Drive to Ngorongoro Conservation area. Visit Olduvai Gorge
Game viewing in Ngorongoro Crater, then drive to Karatu
Free Day. Optional 4x4 excursion to Lake Eyasi or local walk to Gibbs Farm
Drive to Tarangire; PM game drive
Morning game drive. Drive to Arusha