2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 14 Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 3 Dinners
- 10 nights Standard Hotel
- 1 night Basic Train
- 3 nights Standard Cabin
Bus/Comfortable sleeper train/Nile cruise boat/Calesh.
Approx 16 -
Egyptologist Explore Tour Leader , driver(s), captain/ crew on the cruise boat.
Egypt In Depth
Accompanied by a guest lecturer we explore the history and culture of pharaonic Egypt, from the Great Pyramids of Giza to the ancient city of Thebes, in modern day Luxor. We also visit the lesser-known pyramid complexes at Saqqara, Dashur and Maidum, the rock-cut tombs of Beni Hassan and discover the fascinating remains of Pharaoh Akhenaten’s capital city, Amarna.
- Cairo - Explore the Giza plateau, the Pyramids and Cairo Museum
- Pyramids - See the lesser visited Step and Red Pyramids of, Saqqara and Dashur
- Middle Egypt - Wonder at the Beni Hassan wall painted rock tombs and Akhenaten’s capital city, Armana. Abydos the national shrine to Osiris
- Luxor - Guided tour of Karnak with transfer by ‘calesh’; Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut Temple
- Aswan - Frontier town of Upper Egypt. Visit Abu Simbel.
- Kom Ombo and Edfu- Twin Temples of Sobek and Horus and visit the Temple of Horus.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Cairo
Drive to Saqqara and Dashur
Drive to Assiut via Beni Hassan and Amarna
Drive to Luxor via Abydos & Dendera
Visit Valley of the Kings;
Bus to Aswan; optional visit to Philae Temple
In Aswan; included visit to Abu Simbel
AM Optional tours around Aswan; PM Join our cruise boat
AM Kom Ombo; PM Edfu
Esna Lock and Luxor
In Luxor; visit Karnak Temple; Overnight sleeper train to Cairo;
In Cairo; optional visit to Islamic Cairo and Khan el Khalili
Tour ends Cairo