2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 9 Breakfasts
- 3 Dinners
- 2 Lunches
- 7 nights Standard Hotel
- 1 night Basic Train
- 1 night Basic Felucca
Swimming: All hotels have pools and we have the chance to swim in the Red Sea.
Approx 15 -
Minimum Age: 5
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s), felucca crew and boat crew on the Red Sea.
Egyptian Family Adventure Holiday
On this family holiday to Egypt we sail down the River Nile by felucca (a traditional sailboat), ride camels through the desert and swim in the warm waters of the Red Sea. Join us as we explore one of the ancient wonders of the world, the Great Pyramids of Giza, and discover the Valley of the Kings, home to the famous tomb of Tutankhamen.
- Cairo - A full day exploring the Pyramids, Sphinx and Egyptian Museum with an Egyptologist
- Aswan - Nubian Dinner; camel trek to St. Simeon’s Monastery; optional visit to funerary temples at Abu Simbel
- Aswan to Kom Ombo - 2 days felucca sailtrek along the Nile River
- Luxor - Guided tour of Karnak with transfer by ‘calesh’; Valley of the Kings and Hatshepsut Temple
- Safaga - Full day boat trip and snorkelling in the Red Sea
What we say
Staff Member Pete Crane travelled on this tour in 2010.
"A short flight, wall to wall sunshine, amazing ancient sites, impressive desert landscapes, a beautiful coastline, great hotels (all with pools), a vibrant modern culture and the friendliest local people. There aren’t many countries that can offer all this: for adventure-loving families Egypt takes a lot of beating. "
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Cairo
In Cairo; visit Pyramids, Sphinx & Egyptian Museum
Arrive Aswan; camel trek to St Simeon’s Monastery & Nubian dinner
Optional visit to Abu Simbel; embark felucca
Sail towards Kom Ombo; drive to Luxor; PM visit to Karnak
Bus to Hatshepsut Temple and visit Valley of the Kings; PM free
Drive to Safaga
Full day boat trip in Red Sea
Free day relaxing by the red Sea
Tour ends Safaga