2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 3 nights Standard Farmstay
- 4 nights Standard Hotel
Swimming: Every day at the agriturismo and hotel swimming pool.
Approx 6 -
Minimum Age: 11
Explore Tour Leader, local guides, boatmen and drivers.
Family Activity Holiday In Sicily | Sicilian Adventure Holiday
Travel with us on a twin-centre family holiday to beautiful Sicily, off the southern tip of Italy, an island that offers adventure with a rich historical backdrop. This active trip blends a great variety of activities in places of natural beauty with the cultural highlights of Palermo and Taormina. Activities include cycling, swimming, river trekking, climbing, archery, powerfan (which involves free-falling from a high platform attached to a safety harness), walking and a pasta/pizza cookery lesson. No experience is required, all equipment and expert instruction is provided, activities are graded easy and just require an enthusiasm for adventure! There is also time to relax along the way, perhaps by the pool of our farmhouse hotel (agriturismo) or rural hotel. Each evening we return to the comfort of our farmhouse/hotel where we can enjoy home-cooked typical Sicilian cuisine. All dinners are included on this tour.
- Palermo - Sicily’s capital - learn to cook pasta/pizza and relax on Mondello Beach
- Madonie Adventure Park - Biking, archery, zip lines and tree climbing amongst wooded landscapes
- Coastal adventures - Boat trip and option to try sea kayaking in the Isole Ciclopi Marine Park
- Alcantara Gorge - ‘River Trekking’ amongst the lava landscapes of the Alcantara River Valley
- Mount Etna - Cable car and 4WD up Europe’s highest and most active volcano
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Palermo Airport. Drive into the Jato Valley
Madonie Adventure Park
Full day’s excursion to Palermo
Boat trip along the Cefalù Coast. Drive to Castiglione
Explore Alcantara Gorge: walk and 'river trek'
Morning trip up Mount Etna. Afternoon drive to Taormina
Free Day - optional Kayaking
Tour ends Palermo