2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 8 nights Standard Hotel
- 1 night Standard Guest House
Bus and boat.
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s) and local guides.
This is a 5-day trek covering an average of 12km a day along steep stone stairways. We have graded this trek as moderate.
Great Wall Of China Walking Tour
Stretching from the Yellow Sea to the edge of the Gobi Desert, some 2700 miles, the magnificent ramparts and watch towers of the Great Wall were built to protect China’s northern frontier from raiding Mongol horsemen. For over 2000 years it has zigzagged over the mountains and rivers of China like a fabulous dragon. Our walk concentrates on some of the most interesting and spectacular sections, and gives us an insight into China ‘off the beaten track’.
- Beijing - Visit Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City
- Old Dragons Head - Visit the point where the Great Wall meets the sea
- Jiaoshan - Walk on spectacular sections of the wall near its eastern end
- Panjiakou - Take a boat trip where the Wall crosses the water
- Eastern Qing Tombs - Visit the stunning Imperial Tomb Complex of the Qing Dynasty near Zunhua
- Jinshanling - Walk on the wall towards Simatai and return to Jinshanling
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Beijing
In Beijing; city tour
Drive to Shanhaiguan
Trek on Great Wall; drive to Panjiakou
Boat excursion. Walk on wall at Luowenyou; drive to Eastern Qing Tombs
Visit the Eastern Qing Tombs; trek on Great Wall to Huangyaguan
Drive from Huangyaguan to Gubeikou; walk along the wall to Jinshanling
Trek on Great Wall towards Simatai; return to Jinshaling
Return to Beijing
Tour ends Beijing
Why not extend this tour?