2013/14 Standard Itinerary
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader and drivers.
This is a 5 day trek with an average of 5 hours walking each day. We have graded the trek as easy to moderate.
Greek Islands Walking Tour
The Cycladic Islands of Tinos and Andros are ideal for a walking holiday: we follow ancient mule tracks through vineyards, orange groves and across herb-scented hillsides to find sleepy hamlets and wonderful, unspoilt beaches. We trek to the cliff-top monastery at Panachrantos, visit the ruined castle at Exobourgo Peak (570m) and explore the Venetian hilltop fortress of Paliokastro.
- Tinos - Explore the spiritual centre of Greece with walks to Volax, Kolymbithra Bay and remote Tiniote villages around Hora
- Exobourgo Peak (570m) - Climb to the summit and see the remains of an ancient settlement
- Andros - The most fertile island of the Cyclades. Hike to hidden hamlets along ancient mule paths
- Paliokastro (550m) - Follow trails to this ruined Ventian fortress. Wonderful views down over the island
- Opportunity to visit Mykonos
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Rafina
Sail to Tinos; walk to Myrsini Village
On Tinos; walk to Kolymbithra
On Tinos; optional bus or boat trips
On Tinos; Sail to Andros
On Andros; walk to Korthi
On Andros; walk to Panachrantos Monastery
Tour ends Rafina