2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 20 Breakfasts
- 2 Dinners
- 4 Lunches
- 17 nights Standard Hotel
- 3 nights Basic Train
Train, bus, boat and rickshaw.
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader, driver(s) and some local guides.
Twenty Two Day Rail Journey From Northern To Southern India
Taking to the tracks of India’s extensive railway system we travel from the holy Sikh city of Amritsar to Kerala’s beautiful backwaters. We uncover the history of Delhi’s colonial past, explore the ‘Pink City’ of Jaipur and visit the magnificent Taj Mahal. Along the way we discover Moghul treasures, track tigers, relax on tropical beaches and explore jungle-lined foothills.
- Amritsar - Experience the captivating atmosphere of the Golden Temple, the sacred heart of the Sikh faith
- India Pakistan border - Join in with the noisy crowds at the spectacular daily border closing ceremony
- Delhi - Take in the grandeur of the city’s Mughal and Colonial past.
- Agra - Watch the sunrise over the beautiful Taj Mahal
- Ranthambore Sanctuary - Look out for the mighty bengal tiger
- Toy Train - Ride the narrow gauge train from Ooty
- Kochi - Relax in this coastal town on the Arabian Sea and take a boatride through the peaceful backwaters
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Amritsar
Full day’s sightseeing; overnight train to Delhi
AM city tour of Old Delhi
AM city tour of New Delhi; PM train to Agra
Sunrise visit to Taj Mahal and morning tour of Agra Fort; PM free
Drive to Bharatpur via Fatehpur Sikri; train and bus to Ranthambore NP
Game drives in Ranthambore NP
AM optional game drive; PM train to Jaipur
AM visits to the Palace of the Winds and Amber Fort; PM free
Visit the Observatory and the City Palace; overnight train to Mumbai
Arrive Mumbai; AM city tour
Train to Goa
In Goa visit a spice plantation.
Free AM; overnight train to Bangalore
Arrive Bangalore; Transfer to Mysore
Mysore Sightseeing; Mudumalai National Park
Drive to Ooty (2270m) ; PM free
AM ‘Toy Train’ to Coonoor; drive to Combatore; train to Ernakulum and then transfer on to Kochi
AM city tour; optional evening Kathakali dancing
Day exploring the Backwaters
Tour ends Kochi