2013/14 DMX 3rd August onwards
- 14 nights Comfortable Hotel
Approx 12 -
Explore Leader, plus boat crew & drivers.
Latin America Adventure Tour
We cross Guatemala, Honduras and Mexico on this tour of some of the most spectacular ancient Mayan sites. Staying in comfortable hotels, we discover hidden Mayan cities deep in the rainforest and visit beautiful colonial towns dotted along the Gulf of Mexico, before relaxing by the Caribbean Sea. Sites visited include Copan, Tikal and Chichen Itza, as well as some lesser known ruins.
- Antigua - Explore this elegant colonial city
- Copan - One of the greatest Maya ruins in the Americas
- Tikal (Guatemala) - The Maya metropolis, where temples scattered over a vast area stand out tall above the surrounding jungle
- Palenque - Arguably the most enchanting of the ancient Maya ruins, set in dense jungle
- Chichen Itza - A spectacular Maya Toltec site, now declared one of 'The New Seven Wonders of the World'
- Tulum - An amazingly photogenic coastal Maya site. Relax on the white sand beaches of the Caribbean.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour in Antigua
AM Antigua city tour. PM free
Drive to Copan
Visit Quirigua, then drive to Flores
Visit Tikal, free PM
Visit jungle site of Bonampak, drive to Palenque (Mexico)
Visit Palenque site. PM optional Misol Ha waterfalls
Drive to Campeche via Champoton
Visit Uxmal; drive to Merida
AM free, PM drive via convent at Izamal to Chichen Itza
Visit Chichen Itza, drive via Valladolid to Tulum
13 to 14
Tour ends Tulum