2013/14 Standard Itinerary
Private air-conditioned bus.
Approx 15 -
Explore Tour Leader plus drivers.
Morocco Adventure Holiday
Enter the world of ancient Morocco on this journey through the imperial cities of Rabat, Meknes, Fes and Marrakech. We explore colourful souks, walk through gorges in the towering Atlas Mountains and discover desert oases, with the option of spending a night in the desert. We enjoy time with the locals as we travel through the land of Berbers and to the beautiful Atlantic coast where we relax in the tranquil port town of Essaouira.
- Marrakech - Discover Morocco's vibrant "Red City"
- Meknes and Rabat - Explore two fascinating imperial cities
- Fes - The atmospheric medina also known as "Mecca of the West"
- Merzouga Sand Sea - Take an optional camel ride through the impressive sand dunes of the Sahara or an overnight under the stars
- Todra Gorge - Walk in Morocco’s ‘Grand Canyon’ through spectacular rock formations
- The Atlas Mountains - Beautiful mountain scenery in the highest mountain range in North Africa
- Essaouira - Relax in the atmospheric port town on the Atlantic coast
What we say
Staff Member Louisa Richardson travelled on this tour in 2012.
"What a great introduction to Morocco! I really felt that I got to see the genuine side of the country in contrasting areas. The trips includes time in the busy cities as well as the more tranquil surroundings of the Sahara Desert and Atlas Mountains. The country is a shopper’s delight with high quality goods available just about everywhere. Leaving space in luggage highly recommended!
Explore Staff on Tour - Explore's Louisa Richardson travelled on Imperial Cities and Desert. Read about her Explore Staff on Tour.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Casablanca
Train to Meknes via Rabat; sightseeing tour of Rabat
AM sightseeing in Meknes; drive to Fes via Volubilis
Drive over the Middle Atlas to Erfoud
Drive to Merzouga via Rissani; Afternoon optional camel ride & desert camp
Drive to Todra Gorge area
Optional walks in Todra Gorge
Drive to Ait Benhaddou via El Kelaa des M’Gouna & the ‘Valley of 1000 Kasbahs’
Drive to Imlil
Drive to Essaouira via Marrakesh
Free day in Essaouira
Drive to Marrakech; Afternoon optional walking tour
Free in Marrakech
Tour ends Marrakech