2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 22 Breakfasts
- 9 Lunches
- 7 Dinners
- 12 nights Standard Hotel
- 5 nights Standard Lodge
- 1 night Comfortable Lodge
- 3 nights Comfortable Rest Camp
- 1 night Standard Guest House
Safari Truck/On foot/Chartered bus.
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader, driver and cook.
Namibian Safari Tour
This adventure combines a journey across the desert landscapes and national parks of Namibia with a tour of South Africa’s scenic Western Cape. We can watch the sun’s rays cast shadows over the world’s highest sand dunes and walk along narrow paths through Sesriem Canyon. Staying in comfortable lodges along the route we track big game through Etosha and Waterberg Plateau National Parks, visit cheetahs in a conservation centre and watch fur seals basking by the sea. We fly south to the Cape Peninsular, following the Indian Ocean coastline and travelling inland to the fertile valleys. We hike up the legendary Table Mountain and explore the ancient limestone Cango Caves. We also watch the penguins frolic on Boulders Beach and visit an ostrich farm in the heart of the winelands. This trip offers the chance to explore two unique destinations on one fantastic holiday.
- Sossusvlei - The world’s highest sand dunes.
- Etosha - Abundant wildlife from comfortable lodges within the park.
- Damaraland - The impressive petrified forest and ancient rock art.
- Cape Town - An iconic, vibrant city surrounded by mountain and sea.
- Cape Peninsula - Visit Cape of Good Hope and the resident penguin colony.
- Stellenbosch - World renowned vineyards overlooked by stunning, rugged mountains.
- Tsitsikamma National Park - A marine and forest park in the heart of the famous Garden Route.
- Hermanus - The best place in Southern Africa to admire the humpback whales (in season).
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Windhoek
Drive to Sesriem
Exploring Sossusvlei and Sesriem Canyon
Drive to Swakopmund via Walvis Bay
Drive via Cape Cross Seal Colony to Damaraland
Visit Petrified Forest; drive to Okaukuejo or Halali in Etosha National Park
Game drives in Etosha National Park
Game Drives in Etosha National Park
Drive to Waterberg Plateau Park
Drive to Windhoek
Fly to Cape Town
Free day in Cape Town
Tour Cape Peninsula National Park
Ascend Table Mountain; drive Stellenbosch
Drive to Oudtshoorn
In Knysna; visit Tsitsikamma Park
Visit Botelierskop Private Game reserve, drive to Swellendam
Along the ‘Whale Route’ to Cape Town
Tour ends Cape Town