2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 13 Breakfasts
- 12 Lunches
- 13 Dinners
- 13 nights Comfortable Cruise Boat
M/V Polar Pioneer plus Zodiacs for shore excursions.
Approx 0 -
Ship crew plus expedition staff.
Norwegian Fjords And Polar Bears - M/v Polar Pioneer
Rugged Scotland, Norway and Arctic
Your journey is a ship-based exploration of three distinct regions. In the wild islands off the Scottish coast we plan to take in Neolithic sites scarcely changed in 5000 years, and ponder the mystery of huge monoliths that marked the change of seasons for the ancients. You'll explore the islands and fjords of Norway's stunning coastline, before crossing the Arctic Circle and reaching the Svalbard archipelago. The largest island of Spitsbergen is still virtually an unspoilt wilderness and a breeding home for walruses, polar bears, reindeers and millions upon millions of migratory land and sea birds.
- Discover the Shetland Islands' birdlife
- Explore Norway's dramatic fjords and picturesque islands by Zodiac
- Wildlife spotting along the rugged Svalbard coast, including the mighty polar bear
- Catch a gllimpse of Arctic fox
- Enjoy two landings a day - hopefully - to explore
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
2 to 3
6 to 9
10 to 13