2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 9 Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 3 Dinners
- 7 nights Standard Hotel
- 1 night Basic Train
- 2 nights Simple Hotel
Bus, train, rice barge, longtail boat and raft.
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver, boatmen and some local guides.
Discovery Tour In Thailand With Jungle Raft House Stay
On this cultural journey we tour Thailand’s ancient sights and cruise along bustling waterways. We see the infamous ‘Bridge over the River Kwai’ and explore ruined temples at the former royal capital of Ayutthaya. We also cruise the Chao Phraya River in a converted rice barge, travel deep into the jungle, visit a Mon village and stay on a jungle raft house on the Kwai Noi River.
- Bangkok - Explore the glittering Grand Palace complex and Wat Po, the beautiful temple of the Reclining Buddha
- Chiang Mai - Bustling walled old town and the serene hillside Doi Suthep Temple
- Sukhothai - Cycle around the historic park housing the remains of this ancient capital
- Ayuthaya – Site of ancient monuments from a once grand Siamese capital
- Kanchanaburi - Jungle rafts, minority villages and the infamous Bridge on the River Kwai
What we say
Staff Member Becky Powney travelled on this tour in 2006.
"Having never been to Thailand before I didn’t really have any expectations, discovering Thailand was so exciting, this trip offered a little bit of everything, from visiting temples in Bangkok, to hiking in the jungle followed by relaxing with a Singha beer along the river resting with my feet up in a hammock watching elephants bathing! Magical ."
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Bangkok
In Bangkok; train to Chiang Mai
Arrive Chiang Mai; visit Doi Suthep
In Chiang Mai
Drive to Sukhothai
Exploring Sukothai, Drive to Phayuha Khiri; rice barge on Chao Phraya River to Uthai Thani
Rice barge on Chao Phraya River; drive to Ayutthaya
Drive to Kanchanaburi; train and boat to River Kwai
On the River Kwai
Boat and drive back to Bangkok
Tour ends Bangkok
Why not extend this tour?