2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 7 Breakfasts
- 5 Lunches
- 5 Dinners
- 6 nights Standard Hotel
- 1 night Comfortable Hotel
Bus or 4WD
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s).
This is a 6-day trek with an average of 4 to 6 hours walking each day. We have graded this trek as moderate.
Hiking In The Picos De Europa
This week-long trekking adventure takes us into the beautiful high mountain scenery of Picos de Europa National Park. We explore the area in depth with walks in the unspoilt and wild landscapes of the western, central and eastern massifs. We base ourselves for six nights in Sotres – the highest inhabited village in the Picos. This tour showcases some of Spain’s finest scenery and includes a hike to the base of the iconic Naranjo de Bulnes mountain. On a trip highlight we trek along cliff-cut pathways through the imposing Cares Gorge - over 1000 m deep and 12 km long.
- Sotres - Stay in the highest village in the breathtaking Picos de Europa
- Covadonga - Walk via the imposing Basilica Santa Maria to the stunning glacial lakes of the Western Massif
- Naranjo De Bulnes - Trek to the base of this iconic limestone peak dating from the paleozoic era
- Garganta de Cares - Dramatic 1,000m deep and 12km long gorge
- Eastern Massif - Spectacular mountain scenery on the ascent to Aldea Col at 1,850m
What we say
Explore Staff on Tour - Explore's James Adkin went walking in the Picos Mountains. Read about his adventures in the mountains.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Oviedo airport; drive to Benia de Onis
Drive to Covadonga Lakes; Walk to Ordiales viewpoint
Walk from El Collado de la Caballar to Arenas de Cabrales
Walk to iconic Naranjo de Bulnes mountain
Walk via Treviso to Urdon, La Hermida Gorge; drive to Sotres
Drive to Puente Poncebos; walk the Cares Gorge to Cain and back; drive to Sotres
Drive to El Teju; Walk to Caseton de Andara via Aldea Col; drive to Sotres
Drive to Oviedo airport