2013/14 Standard Itinerary
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader, local guide(s) and driver(s).
This is a 6-day trek with individual day-walks of between 5 and 6 hours. We have graded this trek as moderate.
Walking Week In The Pyrenees
We enter the beautiful surroundings of the Catalan Pyrenees on this exploration of Aigues Tortes National Park. Discover the diverse scenery of towering peaks, high mountain lakes, little-visited forests and medieval mountain villages. Each evening we return to family-run hotels where we can enjoy delicious local wines and cheeses.
- Vall D'Aneu - Secluded valley with authentic medieval mountain villages
- Son Del Pi - One of the finest Romanesque churches in the Pyrenees
- Sant Maurici Lake - Stunning glacial lake in the heart of the mountains
- Portarró Pass - Beautiful views into the Western and Eastern halves of the park
- Aigues Tortes National Park - Spectacular mountain scenery in the heart of the Pyrenees
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Barcelona airport and drive to hotel in Esterri d’Aneu
In Esterri; walk in the Vall d’Aneu
In Esterri; walk to Son del Pi
Drive to Espot
Free time in Espot
In Espot; walk to Estany Negre
In Espot; Free day
Return to Barcelona