2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 12 nights Comfortable Hotel
- 1 night Standard Hotel
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s), boatmen and some local guides.
Highlights Of Peru By Rail
Based in comfortable hotels, we explore Peru - the sacred land of the Incas. We visit the historic remains of Machu Picchu and sail along Lake Titicaca – the highest navigable lake in the world. Along the way we visit the ancient Inca capital Cusco, the colonial streets of Lima and the beautifully preserved city of Arequipa.
- Machu Picchu - By train to the ‘lost city’, one of the New Seven Wonders of the World
- Cusco - Explore the ancient capital city of the Incas
- Arequipa - Discover the fascinating Santa Catalina Convent
- Lake Titicaca - The highest navigable lake in the world, visit Uros and Taquile islands
- Sacred Valley - Unwind in this tranquil setting
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Lima; afternoon city tour.
Fly to Arequipa; free afternoon
In Arequipa; visit the Santa Catalina Convent
Drive to Chivay
Colca Canyon; drive to Puno
In Puno; boat trip to the Uros Islands and onto Taquile Island
Andean Explorer train to Cusco
In Cusco; visit Sacsayhuaman
Free Day in Cusco
Train to Aguas Calientes; visit Machu Picchu
Morning re-visit Machu Picchu (optional); train to Ollantaytambo and transfer to Yucay
In the Sacred Valley
Fly to Lima
Tour ends Lima
Why not extend this tour?