2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 8 nights Standard Hotel
- 1 night Simple Kibbutz
- 1 night Basic Bedouin Camp
Bus/4WD truck/ Camel/Boat/Horse.
Approx 14 -
Explore Tour Leaders plus local guides and drivers; camp staff in Wadi Rum.
Highlights Of Israel & Jordan
On this trip we visit the fascinating historical and cultural sites of Jordan and Israel. We explore the Negev Desert, Wadi Rum and visit ancient Jerash and Bethlehem. We walk through the historic streets of Jerusalem and among the impressive rock-cut tombs at Petra. We also spend the night at a kibbutz and camp out under the stars in Wadi Rum.
- Jerusalem - Tour of the Old City; visit the Mount of Olives and walk the Via Dolorosa
- Biblical Settings - Visit the significant sites of Jericho and Qumran
- Dead Sea - Float in the buoyant waters of the lowest place on the planet
- Masada - Visit the fortress city of the Zealots of the First Revolt
- Wadi Rum - Experience the desert with stunning rock formations and associations with Lawrence of Arabia
- Petra - Visit including half-day guided tour of the famous ‘Rose Red City’
What we say
Explore Staff on Tour - Explore's Megan Freese travelled to Israel and Palestine to carry out some Tour Leader training. Find out why she came back full of enthusiasm.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Amman
AM tour of Amman, then drive to Jerash and visit site
Dead Sea visit and travel to Wadi Rum
Optional Camel Trek. Drive to Petra, walking tour of Petra and free afternoon.
Cross into Israel and visit Masada and Qumran.
Visit Jericho, Bethlehem and Jerusalem
Full Day sightseeing in and around Jerusalem
Full free day for exploring, optional trips to Tel Aviv, Jaffa and Caesarea
Tours ends Tel Aviv