Why book this tour?
We stay on a ranch in the Pantanal - one of the best places for viewing wildlife in the Americas.
2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 13 Breakfasts
- 4 Lunches
- 5 Dinners
- 7 nights Standard Hotel
- 5 nights Standard Lodge
- 1 night Standard Hotel
Minibus/Launches/Bus/Flights as itinerary
Approx 14 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s), boatmen and some local guides.
Highlights Of Brazil
On this trip to Brazil we visit the colonial city of Salvador and the ‘marvellous city’ of Rio de Janeiro. We also discover the Pantanal Wildlife Reserve, searching for animals including capybara and caiman. Along the way, we admire the thundering waters of Iguazu Falls and explore the Amazon Rainforest.
- Rio - South America's most beautiful and vibrant city including a tour of Sugarloaf mountain with panoramic views of the stunning coastline
- Salvador - Brazil’s colourful colonial city
- Amazon Rainforest - Two nights in Amazonia with various boat and land excursions
- Pantanal - Wildlife spotting on foot and in canoe
- Iguazu Falls - South America’s most beautiful waterfalls, view from both the Brazilian and Argentinean sides
What the papers say
Staff Member Eileen Harvard travelled on this tour in 2011.
"Brazil is one of my favourite countries, and we saw so much of it in just two weeks. - Rio’s fabulous beaches and the incredible views from Corcavada & Sugar Loaf; Iguacu Falls: wow! Stunning from every angle. The Pantanal a nature lovers paradise. I loved the stilt huts in The Amazon right on the river, and Salvador – for the music, the art, capoeira, the colours of the city, and more beaches!
Delicious food – the beef especially."
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Salvador
Fly to Manaus
Launch into the Amazon rainforest
In the Amazon
Return to Manaus and fly to Cuiaba
Pantanal Wildlife Reserve
8 to 9
Exploring the Pantanal Wildlife Reserve
Fly to Iguacu
At Iguazu; visit Iguazu Falls
Fly to Rio de Janeiro; optional tour to Corcovado
In Rio de Janeiro
Tour ends Rio de Janeiro