2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 18 Breakfasts
- 10 Lunches
- 10 Dinners
- 12 nights Standard Hotel
- 2 nights Basic Camping
- 2 nights Simple Hotel
- 2 nights Simple Camping
4WD truck and bus.
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader, driver & cook.
Cultural Discovery Tour In Kenya & Ethiopia With Game Viewing
This adventurous journey through the Great Rift Valley takes us from the gamelands of northern Kenya to the lakes of Ethiopia. We explore hill-tribe villages, visit the 17th century Gondar Castle and discover rock-cut churches in Lalibela. We also take a boat trip to remote monasteries on Lake Tana and enjoy a safari in Samburu National Reserve.
- Lalibela - The spectacular rock-cut churches of King Lalibela.
- Rift Valley Lakes - Discover soda lakes and remarkable birdlife in Elementaita.
- Samburu - Camping and game viewing in a remote reserve set in a semi-arid desert.
- Tribal Encounters - Discover unique cultures and traditions as you travel overland through small villages.
- Bahar Dar - The source of the Blue Nile , the impressive Tissisat Falls and Lake Tana.
- Gondar - Magnificent castle complex from the 17th Century.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Drive to Lake Elementaita
Drive to Samburu National Reserve
Game viewing at Samburu
Drive to Marsabit
Drive to Moyale and cross border into Ethiopia.
Visit El Sod crater and drive to Yabello
Drive to Arba Minch via Konso
In Arba Minch
Visit Dorze village and drive to Lake Awasa via Guge mountains
Drive to Addis Ababa
In Addis Ababa; city tour
Drive Debre Markos via Debre Libanos
Drive to Bahar Dar via Blue Nile, afternoon visit to Tississat Falls
In Bahar Dar; Boat trip on Lake Tana and free afternoon
Drive to Gondar; visit castle complex
Drive to Lalibela
In Lalibela; mule trek; visit rock-cut churches