Why book this tour?
Sapporo is transformed in to a winter wonderland with ornate ice scultpures and huge snow carvings for only seven days each year. It's the perfect time to explore this cosmospolitan city.
2014 Standard Itinerary
- 1 night Simple Monastery
- 10 nights Standard Hotel
- 1 night Simple Guest House
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader/Interpreter.
Snow Festival In Japan
This exciting journey takes us to the far north of Japan where we make the most of the winter temperatures, taking an ice breaker cruise in the Sea of Okhostk before spending time at the annual Sapporo Snow Festival. We also spend time exploring ultra modern Tokyo, ancient Kyoto and visiting the snow monkeys at Yudanaka.
- Sapporo - Experience the annual snow festival in the capital of Hokkaido, Japan's northern island. Odori Park is home to huge snow sculptures and dramatic ice carvings
- Otaru Lantern Festival - Stroll along the banks of the canal, lit by thousands of tiny candles and snow lanterns
- Tokyo - Explore the neon bright capital city, gateway to Japan
- Bullet Train - Whizz across country in comfort at an average speed of 300 kilometres an hour
- Kyoto - See the traditional side of Japan, stunning temples, immaculate zen gardens and the geisha district of Gion
- Snow Monkeys - Visit the bathing beauties making the most of the hot springs at Yudanaka Onsen
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Tokyo
Take a walking tour to explore Tokyo
Flight to Abashiri
Ice breaker cruise, travel by train to Sapporo
Full day at Sapporo Snow Festival
Day trip to Otaru
Train to Hakodate; ryokan stay
Flight to Osaka; train To Kyoto
9 to 10
Bullet train to Nagano; snow monkeys
Morning temple ceremony; bullet train to Tokyo
Tour ends in Tokyo