2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 13 nights Standard Hotel
- 1 night Basic Public Bus
Approx 8 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver, boatmen and some local guides.
South American Adventure Tour
On this exciting overland journey we travel from the vibrant city of Rio de Janeiro in Brazil to Argentina’s capital Buenos Aires. Along the way we tour the attractive city of Curitiba, explore the coastal town of Paraty and visit the tropical island of Ilha Grande. A trip highlight is the thundering waters of Iguazu Falls – one of the most spectacular waterfalls in the world.
- Rio De Janeiro - South America’s most stunning and vibrant city containing one of the New Seven Wonders of the World, Christ the Redeemer
- Ilha Grande - Verdant island with great beaches and opportunities for walks
- Paraty - Jewel of Portuguese colonial architecture
- Iguazu Falls - South America’s most beautiful waterfalls, view from both the Brazilian and Argentinean sides
- Buenos Aires - Tango capital of the world, elegant and seductive
What we say
Staff Member Peter Crane travelled on this tour in 2011.
"It’s a short trip but jam-packed with highlights. You experience South America’s two greatest cities - Rio de Janeiro and Buenos Aires - plus the stupendous and deafening Iguazu Falls. There’s also time to relax on Brazil’s beautiful coast, wander the cobbled streets of picturesque colonial towns like Paraty and enjoy the music and nightlife in both Argentina and Brazil."
Explore Staff on Tour - Explore's Anthony Jay travelled on Rio to Buenos Aires. Read about his adventures in Brazil and Argentina.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Rio de Janeiro
2 to 3
Bus to Angra, ferry to Ilha Grande
On Ilha Grande
6 to 7
Drive to Paraty; free time, optional boat trip/snorkelling
Drive to Curitiba
In Curtiba; optional train to Serra do Mar
Bus to Iguazu Falls
At Iguazu Falls
At Iguazu; overnight bus to Buenos Aires
Arrive Buenos Aires; orientation tour
In Buenos Aires
Tour ends Buenos Aires