2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 13 nights Simple Hotel
- 2 nights Basic Train
- 1 night Simple Homestay
Train, public bus and taxis.
Approx 11 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s), boatmen.
South India Budget Adventure Tour
This overland journey from South India’s Coromandel Coast to the Arabian Sea at Goa is an ideal way to meet the welcoming local people as we travel mainly by local bus, train and boat. We explore intricately carved temple complexes, cruise along the tranquil backwaters of Kerala, climb to the cool heights of the Western Ghats and spend time on tropical sandy beaches.
- Mamallapuram - Discover World Heritage ruins and the colonial grandeur of Pondicherry
- Madurai – Join the worshippers at the vibrant Meenakshi Temple
- Kerala Backwaters – Cruise through the beautiful backwaters
- Kochi - Watch fishermen bring in the days catch as the sun sets
- Ooty - Ride the ‘Toy Train’ to the hillstation of the British Raj
- Hampi – Explore the temples and ruins of the ancient Vijayanagar capital
- Goa - Relax by the azure waters and golden beaches of India’s Arabian coast
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Mamallapuram.
AM walking tour. PM free
Free day in Mamallapuram. Overnight train to Madurai
Arrive Madurai. Evening visit to Meenakshi temple
Drive to Quilon (Kollam)
Boat cruise to Allepey. PM optional canoe trip
Drive to Kochi. PM orientation tour
Train to Coimbatore. Drive to Metupalayam
AM Toy Train to Ooty. PM free
Drive to Mysore
Free in Mysore for optionals. Overnight train to Hospet
Arrive Hospet then taxi to Hampi
AM train to Margaon (Goa). Drive to beach
Tour ends Goa