2013/14 Standard Itinerary
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader, boatmen and drivers.
South West Turkey Holiday
Enjoy a week exploring some of Turkey’s best Greco-Roman sites, including Ephesus and Aphrodisias. We also visit the less well known Ionian sites of Miletus and Priene. In Pamukkale we can enjoy a dip in the hot mineral waters of the ancient spa and discover the ‘frozen waterfall’. We also tour ancient Caunus, enjoy the beautiful scenery of this region and relax on the golden sands of Iztuzu beach.
- Caunus - Discover this beautifully situated ancient city and Lycian rock tombs and enjoy the seaview
- Ionian sites - Explore the city remains of Priene and Miletus, and the oracle and shrine to Apollo at Didyma
- Ephesus - Walk along the marble streets of this Greco-Roman city were Saint Paul preached to the ancient Ephesians
- Aphrodisias - Discover the 30,000 seat Roman stadium, and marble remains of this city, surrounded by mountains
- Pamukkale and Hieropolis - Admire the hillside of white tavertines, and explore the ancient city of Hieropolis above
What we say
Top Ten Turkey Highlights - Explore's Jude Berry has travelled extensively in Turkey. Read her top ten Turkish highlights.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Dalyan
Excursion to Caunus
Drive to Gulluk via Alinda
Drive via Didyma, Miletus and Priene to Selcuk
Drive via Aphrodisias to Pamukkale
Visit Pammukale and Hieropolis, drive via Pinara to Fethiye
Tour ends Fethiye