2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 12 nights Standard Hotel
- 7 nights Simple Hotel
Bus, cycle rickshaws and ferry.
Approx 6 -
Explore Tour Leader and driver(s).
Discovery Tour In Indonesia
We begin this trip in the rugged landscapes of Sumatra; we trek through the jungle to observe the orang-utans of Bohorok rehabilitation centre and visit the tribal communities of the Karo highlands. On Java we admire the magnificent temple of Borobudur and explore lively Yogyakarta by cycle rickshaws, We enjoy iconic Mount Bromo at sunset and discover the rice paddies and ravines of Ubud, in Bali. We also relax on the beautiful beaches of Lovina.
- Bohorok Orang-utan Rehabilitation Centre - Visit one of the last strongholds of the Sumatran orang- utan.
- Tribal Culture of Sumatra - Discover the Karo and Batak villages of Lake Toba and the volcanic plains.
- Yogyakarta - Exploring the heartland of Javanese culture
- Prambanan & Borobodur - Excursions to remarkable Hindu and Buddhist temples
- Mt. Bromo- Catch the sunset at Mt Bromo and enjoy stunning views of surrounding volcanoes
- Lovina Beach - Chance to relax on the black volcanic beaches of northern Bali
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Medan (Sumatra)
Medan city tour. Drive to Bukit Lawang
Jungle walk to Orang-utan Rehabilitation Centre
Drive to Brastagi
Optional trek to Sibayak Volcano; Ferry across to Samosir Island
Explore Samosir by boat
Fly to Yogyakarta
Visit Borobodur temple complex for sunset
City tour by Becak (cycle rickshaw)
Drive to Prambanan Temple; PM hike through rural villages to Tawangmanggu
Drive to Malang
Drive to Bromo via Probolinggo; Enjoy sunset at Mt Bromo Crater
Optional excursion by jeep to Mt Penanjakan and across the "Sand Sea" to Bromo crater; Drive to Kalibaru
Ferry and bus to Lovina Beach
Free day at Lovina Beach
Drive to Ubud via Kintamani
Free day in Ubud
Tour ends Ubud