2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 11 Breakfasts
- 1 Dinner
- 1 Lunch
- 10 nights Standard Hotel
- 1 night Simple Hotel
Bus, camel, metro and train.
Approx 6 -
Explore Tour Leader plus driver(s), national guide and some local guides.
Tunisia Historic Tour
Roman ruins, Saharan sands and Troglodyte caves are all part of this trip to Tunisia. We tour the capital Tunis, explore the remains of the Phoenician city of Carthage and visit the Roman cities of Sbeitla, Le Kef, Bulla Regia and Dougga. We also discover the Great Mosque of Kairouan – Tunisia’s holiest site – and the magnificent amphitheatre at El Djem.
- Tunis - Visit the ruins of the ancient city of Chartage
- Sidi Bou Said - Walk through narrow streets and discover the local white and blue architecture
- Matmata - Visit Troglodyte dwellings and spend a night in a hotel carved out of the rocks!
- Bulla Regia - Explore underground roman villas
- Bardo Museum - Admire the remarkable collection of roman mosaics and antiquities
- El Djem - One of the most magnificent Roman amphitheatres in the Mediterranean
- Dougga - An impressive Roman city perched in a plateau with its famous capitol
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Tunis
In Tunis; Visit Sidi Bou Said
Visit Carthage; drive to Kairouan
Drive to Sfax via El Djem
Drive to Matmata; visit troglodyte caves
Drive to Douz
To Tozeur via the Chott El Jerid
To Le Kef via Sbeitla
Explore Le Kef; visit Bulla Regia
Visit Dougga.; drive Tunis and visit the Bardo Museum
Tour ends Tunis