2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 1 Dinner
- 7 Breakfasts
- 2 Lunches
Swimming: Both hotels have swimming pools.
Approx 10 -
Minimum Age: 2
Explore Tour Leader plus local guides, boatmen and driver(s).
Turkey Family Adventure
On this family holiday to Turkey we explore the beautiful shores of the Turquoise Coast and uncover the rich history of ancient Lycia. Based in the harbour towns of Dalyan and Kas on the Turkish Riviera we visit the ancient cites of Xanthos and Caunus. We explore the submerged city of Kekova, experience traditional mud baths and relax on the golden sands of Iztuzu beach.
- Swimming - Opportunity to swim every day
- Beaches - Play on beautiful golden sand beaches
- Boat trips - Cruise around Dalyan to Koycegiz Lake, through the reedbeds to Iztuzu Beach, and to the ancients city of Caunus
- Patara - Discover the birthplace of Father Christmas
- Medieval castle - Find the underwater ruins in Kekova Bay, and explore the castle.
- Turtles - Learn about the huge Carretta Carretta turtles that visit this area in the summer.
What we say
Top Ten Turkey Highlights - Explore's Jude Berry has travelled extensively in Turkey. Read her top ten Turkish highlights.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour Dalyan
AM riverboat to Caunos and visit site; PM free
Boat trip to Lake Koycegiz and hot springs at Sultaniye
Drive to Kas, via Minare and Patara
Walking tour of Kas and visit to local market, PM free
Drive to Kekova to visit the sunken city by boat; PM free
Boat trip to Limanagazi beach, optional walk on Lycian Way back to Kas
Tour ends Dalaman Airport