2013/14 Standard Itinerary
- 7 Breakfasts
- 3 Lunches
- 4 Dinners
- 2 nights Standard Hotel
- 4 nights Basic Village House
- 1 night Simple Hotel
Approx 12 -
Explore Tour Leader and driver(s).
This is a 6-day trek with an average of 5 to 7 hours walking each day. We have graded this tour as moderate.
Walking The Saint Paul Trail
Walk in the footsteps of Saint Paul through some of the most beautiful landscapes in the Taurus Mountains. Following ancient Roman roads and paths we pass through fragrant cedar and pine forests, high altitude pastures and limestone peaks. We visit Lake Egirdir, admire views of Koprulu Canyon and explore the Roman theatre at Selge. Along the way we meet local people including shepherds, and stay in village guesthouses.
- Lake Egirdir - Enjoy the views and changing hues across this picturesque freshwater lake
- Village life - Stay in local village houses. Sample the delicious traditional food
- Mountains, forests and high pastures - Walk through the changing scenery of the Taurus Mountains
- Remote ancient sites - Explore Selge and other sites that have yet to be named
- Kaleici - Wander through the Ottoman backstreets of Antalya's 'Old Town'
What we say
Top Ten Turkey Highlights - Explore's Jude Berry has travelled extensively in Turkey. Read her top ten Turkish highlights.
Itinerary [+] Detailed Itinerary
Join tour in Antalya
Drive to Balkiri. Walk to Eğirdir
Hike to Yukari Gökdere, then drive to Kasimlar
Walk to Kesme
Walk from Kesme to Degirmenozu. Drive to Çaltepe
Walk to Selge
Visit the Roman theatre and the bridge at Oluk. Drive to Antalya
Tour ends Antalya