This is the United Kingdom website0845 291 4541
Find a tour
Other tours you might like
Blue Nile & Lalibela ET
Tour Duration 14 Days
Ethiopia Historic Tour
Join us for a journey through one of Africa's least explored countries. On our journey along the Historic Route we visit rock-hewn churches, ancient obelisks and the forbidden medieval town of Harar. We also see many of the country's astonishing natural wonders, from the dramatic Tississat Falls (the source of the Blue Nile) to the rugged Simien mountain range.
- Lalibela - Explore impressive churches carved in rocks.
- Bahar Dar - Walk to the top of Tississat Falls, the Water that Smokes.
- Axum - Obelisks, temples and palaces in the final resting place of the Ark of Covenant.
- Simien Mountains - Rugged and spectacular mountain scenery.
- Gondar - Exceptionally well preserved castles from the 17th Century.
- Harar - A medieval walled city and the cradle of Islam in Ethiopia.
- Awash Saba - A National Park dominated by a dormant volcano, home to mammals and predators.
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join tour Addis Ababa, fly Dire Dawa, drive Harar
2In Harar; exploring the medieval city on foot
3Drive to Awash Saba; visit Awash National Park
4Drive to Addis; orientation tour
5Fly to Bahar Dar
6At Bahar Dar; visit Tississat Falls
7Drive to Gondar
8Drive to Debark; walk in Simien Mountains
9In the Simien Mountains
10Drive to Axum
11Sightseeing in Axum
12Fly to Lalibela; visit rock cut churches
13In Lalibela; mule trek
14In Lalibela, fly Addis, tour ends