This is the United Kingdom website0845 291 4541
Find a tour
Ethiopia's Historical Highlights SHE
Tour Duration 13 Days
Two Week Cultural & Historical Tour In Ethiopia
On this tour lecturer, writer and photographer Chris Bradley will guide us through Ethiopia's unique history, myths and legends. We visit many of the country's natural and cultural highlights, including the Tississat Falls and the rock-cut churches of Tigray and Lalibela. We also explore Fasiliadas' castle complex at Gondar and the 3000-year-old temple at Yeha.
- Travel with Chris Bradley - Learn about the history and archaeology of Ethiopia from a knowledgeable lecturer.
- Tigray & Lalibela - Explore impressive churches carved in rocks.
- Bahar Dar - Walk to the top of Tississat Falls, the 'Water that Smokes'.
- Axum & Yeha - Obelisks, temples and palaces in the final resting place of the Ark of Covenant.
- Simien Mountains - Rugged and spectacular mountain scenery.
- Gondar - Exceptionally well preserved castles from the 17th Century.
1Join tour Addis Ababa
2Fly to Bahar Dar; visit Tississat Falls
3Boat trip on Lake Tana; drive Gondar
4In Gondar; visit Debre Berhan Selassie church and castle complex
5Drive to Debark; walk in the Simien Mountains
6Drive to Axum
8Drive and visit Yeha and Adwa; continue to Adigrat
9Visit Tigray churches; continue to Mekele
10Drive to Lalibela
11In Lalibela; visit rock cut churches
12In Lalibela; mule trek
13Fly Addis Ababa. Tour ends.