This is the United Kingdom website0845 291 4541
Find a tour
Hilltribes of the North QVH
Tour Duration 12 Days
Northern Vietnam Walking Tour
An exciting trek visiting remote tribal villages in the mountainous back country of northern Vietnam. We stay in traditional village houses as we trek through the beautiful rice paddies of Sapa and Ban Lac, experiencing the culture, customs and cuisine of the friendly hilltribes. We also enjoy an overnight junk cruise around the towering limestone islands of Halong Bay.
- Sapa - Trek past terraced rice fields through the villages and valleys of ethnic minority people
- Bac Ha - Chance to visit a colourful local ethnic minority market
- Mai Chau Valley - Trek through remote karst landscapes and overnight in a typical White Thai stilt houses
- Hanoi - Wander through the bustling narrow streets of the Old Quarter lined with shop-houses
- Halong Bay - Traditional junk boat cruise through one of the most breathtaking limestone landscapes in Southeast Asia
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join tour Hanoi; PM Old Quarter orientation tour.
2Drive to Halong Bay; Junk cruise.
3Return to Hanoi
4Transfer to Mai Chau; afternoon Pom Coom village walk.
5Mai Chau full day village walk
6AM optional bike ride; late afternoon transfer to Hanoi for overnight train to Lao Cai.
7Drive Lao Cai to Sapa; free day in Sapa
8Hill tribe trek day 1
9Hill tribe trek day 2; Return to Sapa
10AM free in Sapa. PM transfer to Lao Cai for overnight train to Hanoi
11Arrive Hanoi. Free day
12Tour ends Hanoi
Customer ratingRead reviews
TransportBus, Train, Boat, Public Bus
Accommodation3 nights Standard Hotel
1 night Standard Boat
3 nights Basic Village House
2 nights Basic Overnight Train
2 nights Simple Hotel