This is the United Kingdom website0845 291 4541
Find a tour
Two Week Cultural Discovery Tour In Senegal & Gambia With River Cruise
On this holiday in West Africa we discover two different nations: tropical Gambia and exotic Senegal. We walk through French colonial towns, see prolific birdlife and visit the megalithic stone circles at Wassu. We also explore some of the region's finest wildlife parks, cruise down the Gambia River and venture into the Saloum Delta by traditional pirogue canoe.
- Djoudj - One of the most important bird sanctuaries in the world.
- Gambia River - A two day cruise on the mighty Gambia River through tropical forest, bamboo groves, rice paddies and mangroves.
- Saloum Delta - Explore the river delta by traditional pirogue through mangroves and aquatic birds.
- Isle de Goree - A tranquil island rich in history and a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Fadiout - A charming fishing village entirely constructed with shells.
- Saint Louis - Visit a 19th century French colonial town by caleche.
- Wassu Stone Circles - Ancient burial sites and megalithic circles.
Itineraries on some departure dates may differ, please select.
1Join tour Dakar (Senegal); ferry to Isle de Goree
2Ferry to Dakar; drive to St Louis
3In St. Louis; visit Djoudj National Park
4In St Louis; visit Langue de Barbarie NP
5Drive and ferry to Georgetown (Gambia)
6Cruise on Gambia River; visit Wassu Stone Circles
7Cruise to Tendaba
8At Tendaba; Kiang West and Baobolong Wetland Reserve
9Drive to Saloum Delta (Senegal)
10In Saloum Delta National Park, pirogue trip; north through the Delta
11Drive via Fadiout to Dakar; Tour ends in Dakar
Customer ratingRead reviews
TransportBus, Boat, 4WD
Accommodation1 night Simple Guesthouse
3 nights Standard Hotel
1 night Simple Rondavels
1 night Basic Boat
4 nights Standard Rondavels