Built for the US agency NOAA (National Oceanographic & Atmospheric Administration), the Ushuaia has been constantly modernised and refurbished in its eight years operating in Antarctica. The Ushuaia is an ice-strengthened small ship, accommodating just 84 passengers; making it a comfortable and steadfast choice. Knowledgeable staff will ensure you get the most out of your visit and there’s an openbridge policy plus ample deck space for wildlife-viewing.
- Open-bridge policy; talk to the captain and learn how the ship navigates
- Observation lounge for watching the passing scenery
- Good social areas - restaurant, bar and library
- Ample deck space for wildlife-viewing
- Knowledgeable naturalists, historians and geologists on-board
- Built for the US agency NOAA (National Oceanographic and Atmospheric Administration)
Staff and Crew: 38
Dimensions: Length 84.7m; breadth 15.5m; draught 5.5m
Cruising speed: 12 knots
Ice Class: 1C
Cabin Categories (View Deck Plan)
||One upper and one lower berth; inside cabin (no porthole); washbasin; shared shower and toilet facilities between two cabins.
||One upper and one lower berth; porthole; washbasin; shared shower and toilet facilities between two cabins.
||One upper and one lower berth; porthole; ensuite facilities.
||Two lower berth; window; ensuite facilities.
||Two lower berths; window; en-suite facilities.
||Two lower berths (sometimes double and sometimes single beds); window; lounge; ensuite facilities; TV; DVD player; fridge.