It appears that your web browser does not support JavaScript, or you have temporarily disabled scripting. The Explore website requires JavaScript enabled to operate correctly.


Find a trip

Where would you like to go?
What type of trip do you like?
When would you like to go?
More search options
619 Matching trips
Site Search

Customer Feedback

Read reviews


Discover our latest brochures available online now, with hundreds of adventures to choose from.


Be the first to hear about great new tours, competitions, special offers and unique departures.

Gift Vouchers

The perfect gift idea for any occasion. Send gift vouchers and create fantastic memories with vast trips and experiences to choose from.

The Adventure Travel Experts

At Explore we specialise in small group adventure holidays, with over 500 trips on offer in 120 countries. We have a wide range of adventure travel options including walking and trekking tours, cycling tours, polar voyages, family adventure holidays and much more...


Special Offers

View More

Last Minute

View More

Atlantic Rowing Race: Blog 9

Race delayed - again!

Yesterday the whole fleet attended a crisis meeting as a huge weather front is due to hit here over the weekend and Simon (Woodvale boss) has taken the decision to delay race start yet again - we definitely won't be leaving here until at least Tuesday next week, possibly later if further bad weather is forecast. At the moment the weather is perfect, very little wind, but by Saturday 25 knots is expected on the nose, for possibly 3 days, which would mean the whole fleet would be sat on our para anchors for 3 days after only 2 days at sea - not a pleasant thought!  There's also the possibility that the single crews wouldn't have cleared El Hierro, an island close to here, before the weather hits, which is obviously a huge concern.  The local port authorities won't actually allow Woodvale to send us out if bad weather is forecast, so for safety reasons we have to stay here.  Annie and I are really keen to get going but completely understand why the decision has been made, we've never rowed an ocean and Simon has rowed several so he knows what he's talking about!  Also there is far more chance of us breaking that British record if we avoid bad weather!

Annie & Mel training

Yesterday I was quite frustrated about the whole situation, it's very hard as I'm mentally prepared to go and didn't like being told we had to wait another whole week, but today I feel much happier.  We've had a day away from the boat just chilling out on the beach and I suddenly realised that another week here really isn't a bad thing at all!  There's a fair amount of pent up nervous energy amongst the fleet (if the amount being drunk in the Blue Marlin last night was anything to go by!) but Woodvale are organising more workshops and various activities and social events to keep us all amused, so we should just about keep our sanity over the next week!  And of course the more time we spend on our boat, learning how she works and how to get the best boat speed out of her, the better.  This could well all be stacking up to our adavantage!


If you would like to find out the full story behind Annie & Mel’s epic rowing adventure across the Atlantic, and why we are involved with them, you can find out more at You will also find details about how you can get involved and help them achieve their other goal of raising money for Macmillan Cancer Support.