Two years ago we launched a new award scheme after the success of our Tour Leader Awards. Due to so many nominations in single countries we thought it would be a good idea to run regional awards, allowing us to be able to reward more of our great leaders around the world on an ongoing basis.
We first ran this between our Tour Leaders in India and Thailand. Using customer feedback, Explore staff together with our local partners in both countries, chose a winner in India and another one in Thailand. The prize was an Explore trip to each others respective countries. As this was a great success we have now expanded it to a few more countries and the exchanges we are now running are:
Jordan and Spain –
• Maxi, our winning leader from Spain, went to Jordan and travelled on Spice Trails of Petra. He wrote this inspiring blog about his experiences.
• Mohamed Abdulla, our Jordanian winner, will be travelling to Spain in August.
Cuba and Peru –
• Pabel Perez, our winning Peruvian leader, visited Cuba and shared his experiences in his blog.
• Ernesto Calderon, our winning Cuban leader, will shortly be travelling to Peru.
Turkey and Morocco -
• Mohamed Et Taleb from Morocco will be joining Blue Cruise in Turkey.
• Firat Solak, our winning Turkish leader, visited Morocco on Imperial Cities and Desert, read his blog.
Poland and Albania -
• Kasia, our winning Polish leader, is about to travel on Europe's Last Frontier in Albania.
• A winning Albanian Tour Leader will soon be chosen to visit Poland.
While on their exchange, the Tour Leaders get a taste of what it is like to be 'on the other side' of a tour. They also get to share thoughts and experiences with their tour leading colleagues from another country. They also write blogs about their experiences upon their return and we'll link them here as and when we receive them.