Recently we welcomed Bryan Tomalin, one of our most loyal customers, to Explore’s Headquarters to meet our staff and talk about his many Explore trips.
Bryan was one of our earliest customers, travelling for the first time with Explore back in 1984 on our South Indian Images trip. In a poetic twist of fate, it's quite fitting that his 70th Explore trip will see him return to India in January to join our Tiger Trails and Temples adventure.
Bryan’s adventures have seen him visit all seven continents and all the sub-sets of the continents as well – North, South and Central America, the Middle East, both North and South Africa, the Far East, and the Indian sub-continent too.
From among the many he has taken, Bryan shared with us what some of his favourite trips are and why they're etched into his memory:
• Falklands, South Georgia and Antarctica - stunning scenery and wildlife.
• Peru and the Inca Trail - diversity of scenery, cultural experiences, staying on Lake Titicaca and walking the Inca Trail.
• Little Tibet - absolutely breathtaking scenery.
• Island Peoples of Indonesia - four very different islands. Exotic Java and Bali is a similar tour.
• Inside Vietnam - fascinating culturally, great food and great value.
• Cape Escape - perfect introduction to South Africa.
• Inside the Hidden Kingdom - a fascinating area with a unique culture - takes in Bangladesh, India, Bhutan and Nepal.
• Shogun Trail - great introduction to Japan - a country full of surprises. Staying in Ryokans was a particular highlight.
• Classic Cuba- visiting a unique country in style.