This is the United Kingdom website0843 634 5157
Find a tour
- Climbing the impregnable turrets and towers of Krak des Chevaliers, set in a dramatic location this has to be the best preserved Crusader Castle in the Middle East
- Explore the Roman ruins. From Palmyra, set dramatically in the desert, to Apamea with its beautiful colonnaded streets and finally the city of Bosra uniquely constructed with black basalt
- Wandering through the labyrinth of covered souks in Aleppo and Damascus. Soak up the exotic atmosphere and indulge in some bartering with friendly traders.
When to go
The most popular time to travel to Syria is in spring and autumn when days are warm and sunny, although evenings can be chilly especially in the desert. July and August are very hot with temperatures reaching 40°C whilst in contrast winter can be very cold with snow in the hills. Travelling in summer or winter however can mean avoiding crowds and enjoying a more private experience at some of the more popular sites.
Personalise your holiday
Did you know that Explore also offer Tailor made holidays to Syria? If we don’t have the right dates or availability for you on one of our group tours or you would like to customise your itinerary, then our expert team can put together your ideal itinerary on the dates that suit you.
Some examples of ideas for your tailor made holiday to Syria include:
- Staying in small and exclusive arabesque-style Ottoman houses
- Enjoying ‘mezze’ style meals in intimate gourmet restaurants
- Pausing to wander round the souks of Damascus and Aleppo
- Tailoring the tour to your historical interests – for example focusing on Syria’s rich crusader history.
Get more information and example itineraries for your own Explore Tailormade holidays in Syria.