Our Price Promise
100% Price Guarantee
Once your booking has been confirmed we guarantee the price will not increase, whatever the circumstances. Unlike most other travel companies we will not ask you to pay any fuel, currency or other surcharges that may arise, as Explore will cover the cost of these.
Our Price Guarantee applies to all bookings departing before 1st January 2018.
Our trip pricing
Trip prices contained in our brochures, website and other advertising material is a guide only. The selling price at the time you book your holiday could be different to that advertised, due to current flight availability.
One of the most common reasons that the flight inclusive selling price varies from that shown is due to the flights that are available at the time of booking costing more. All guide prices shown on the website are based on indicative flight costs. These are fares given to Explore as a tour operator when we hold a block of seats on any given flight. Due to the way that many airlines work, we are generally unable to hold enough seats at the group fare for all customers, so once the block of seats is used up (or once we have passed any unsold ones back – generally a month or two before travel) we have to find alternatives. This either means booking the same flight on an ad hoc basis or finding alternative flights – both of which may cost more than the group flight.
Prices listed are on a per person basis, sharing accommodation (unless otherwise stated).
What’s included in our trip prices?
- Transport, meals and accommodation: all details are outlined in the individual trip itinerary.
- Explore Leader: the services of an Explore Leader are included on nearly all trips. In most cases the Explore Leader will accompany you for the full duration of the trip. On some trips a local representative may accompany you instead (if this is the case it will be outlined in the individual Trip Notes).
- Local crew: as well as drivers and local guides, interpreters, cooks, helpers and porters may be provided on some trips (details will be outlined in the individual Trip Notes.)
- Activities, equipment, sightseeing and visits: Please see individual Trip Notes for details.
- Travel insurance: See our insurance page for further information
- Airport Transfers for qualifying customers: See our transfers page for further information
What’s not included in trip price?
- Flights are not included if you book on a ‘Land Only’ basis.
- Visa fees
- Passport costs
- International departure taxes
- Excess baggage charges
- Optional trips and excursions
- Hotel porterage or meals (other than those we list as included)
- Items of a personal nature - such as laundry, room service charges, drinks or phone calls
- Tips for personal service are not included and are usually expected