Most of our Multi-activity holidays are centre based meaning that the group stays at the same accommodation throughout the trip, using this as a base from which to go out and experience all the activities that the region has to offer. We usually aim to choose accommodation that fully reflects the character of the area, allowing you the opportunity to get to know the local region in depth. By the end of the week it will feel home from home.
A further great advantage of staying at the same location is that no packing and unpacking is required each night.
Antony Barton, Explore's Family Programme Manager shares his favourite centre based family tours below:
1. Finland Summer and Winter Adventure. Watch brown bears in their natural habitat during summer or experience husky sledding in winter. Either way, you can be sure of the warmest of welcomes.
2. French Alps Adventure. Join us on a 8 day family holiday in France. Trek on a glacier, raft down the Isere river and walk amongst alpine meadows from our chalet hotel in Tignes.
3. Pyrenees Activity Adventure. Based in the delightful town of Sort, this family holiday to Spain is an action packed week which includes kayaking on rapids, abseiling through a canyon and whitewater rafting.
4. Family Tuscan Active Adventure. An 8 day family holiday to Italy. We stay in a charming restored farmhouse in the heart of Tuscany. Kayak on a mountain lake, cycle along ancient walls at Lucca and try your hand at Canyoning before returning each afternoon to the tranquility of the swimming pool.
5. Family Legends of Lycia. Staying in the charming fishing village of Kas, with a wide choice for local restaurants and easy going pace of life, we include Canoeing, Sea Kayaking and a full day of snorkeling and swimming on this 8 day family trip to Turkey.
Other popular options include our 8 day Family Croatian Active Adventure, on the stunning Croatian coastline. Alternatively, if the idea of sailing appeals but you don't want to charter your own boat, why not consider joining us on a week long sailing holiday to Greece exploring the quiet coves and harbours of Evia Island?
Explore also offer family tours which travel through a destination, allowing you to enjoy the best activities along the way. Be sure to check out our adventures in Iceland, Egypt, Morocco and Jordan; not to mention our extensive range of holidays further afield.
New for 2017, Explore's range of 'Lite' family adventures offer the flexibility to choose what activities you want to take part in each day.
Can't decide if everyone wants to go abseiling on our Pyrenees Activity Adventure? No problem. On selected dates we offer a lite version where you decide what activities you want to take part in. Be as active as you like on our new range of family 'lite' multi activity holidays.
How it works:
All the accommodation, airport transfers and most meals are included in the basic package, as is the service of a local Explore Leader.
You decide what activities you want to join in with, following the options available on each day. Simply reserve and pay for the activities you want to do. This is ideal if half the family want to go whitewater rafting on our French Alps Adventure and the other half want to relax by the swimming pool. Look out for our great value 'lite' options on the dates and prices panel.