We set out to get under the skin of the 130 destinations that we visit, from Egypt to Jamaica and from Bolivia to Japan. Combining the must-sees with the who-knews, we provide authentic travel experiences across the globe.
Discover the vast, diverse continent that is Africa. Navigate through aromatic medinas, drive across stretching golden plains in search of the Big Five and discover tribal cultures. We challenge you not to fall in love.
Asia offers a heady mix of diverse traditions, religions, cuisine and architecture. Iconic monuments from the Great Wall of China to the Taj Mahal, and scenery from Indonesian rice paddies to the staggering Himalaya, give a flavour of its variety.
Australasia is a region of vibrant colour, staggering landscapes and contrasting cultures. Compact yet varied, New Zealand is all about the great outdoors. It's best explored on foot, where you'll cover lakes and mountains, coasts and glaciers.
From the windswept Atlantic coast to the vast taiga forests in the east, and from the polar tundra to the sun-kissed Mediterranean, Europe's variety is second to none. The diversity of its cuisine, culture and climate mirrors that of its landscape.
The Middle East is a heady concoction of welcoming people, ancient sites, stunning desert scenery and delicious food. Uncover history that spans millenia in colossal archaeological sites and sleep under starlit skies in the Arabian desert.
North America is home to dynamic cities, rich cultural diversity and inspiring National Parks. From the canyons and deserts of the USA to Canada's Rocky Mountains and Alaska's wildlife, North America's charms are hard to resist.
The thin strip of land connecting North and South America contains eight countries packed with fascinating Mayan history, colourful modern cultures and pristine beaches. Here the rainforests, cloud forests and barrier reef bustle with biodiversity.
Fields of sugar cane, rum distilleries, freshly-cooked fish and jerk chicken and a laid-back attitude to life - there's lots to love about Caribbean holidays. And that's without even mentioning the glittering azure waters and miles of sandy beaches.
South America is a continent of superlatives. Explore the world's largest rainforest and marvel at its highest waterfall. Walk its longest mountain range and discover its highest capital city. All washed down with hearty food and world-class wines.
Our polar expeditions are among the most awe-inspiring journeys you'll ever make. Choose from the Arctic, home to polar bear and walrus, or the towering icebergs and penguin rookeries of Antarctica.
Adventure doesn't have to take you out of your comfort zone; from activities like zip-wiring in Costa Rica, to tasting local dishes in Italy and staying with local families in Peru, there's a little adventure to be found on all our travels.
Our discovery tours take in ancient and contemporary cultures, inspiring landscapes, iconic sites and hidden gems. Visit remote tribes in India's Nagaland, live the nomadic life in desert camps or stay with local families in the Mekong Delta.
Original. Innovative. Exclusive. The Beyond collection has our pioneering philosophy at its heart. Take a photography trip with a professional or watch a Mongolian eagle festival - you'll be one of few to share these limited edition experiences.
There's something special about exploring entirely under your own steam. Our walking and trekking holidays take you closer to your destination and travel at slower pace. Choose from gentle walks through vineyards or more challenging mountain treks.
Set sail to the far ends of the earth to see its last remaining wildernesses. Travelling on a small expedition vessel crewed by polar experts, you'll wake up surrounded by glaciers and mountains stretching as far as the eye can see.
Come face-to-face with mountain gorillas in Uganda, search for rhino in Swaziland or swim with sea lions in the Galapagos. We've put together 100 wildlife trips across all seven continents, from long weekends in Finland to epic Polar expeditions.
At Explore, we're the experts in adventure travel. Our small group adventure holidays have been running since 1981. Today, Explore is one of the most trusted travel companies in the UK with over 600 trips to more than 130 countries.
From time to time we publish discounts and special offers. We’ll signpost those here, along with any last-minute trip availability. Stay tuned to find your perfect trip at a great price.
Trekking the Inca Trail is regulated by the Peruvian authorities as only a limited number of people are allowed on the trail each day. Trekking permits are included when you book on to one of our Inca Trail tours but they can only be purchased once your place on the tour is confirmed as they are not transferable. As permits often sell out months ahead we recommend that you confirm your place well in advance – ideally by mid December if you wish to trek the Inca Trail the following year.
If the Inca passes are sold out for the dates you wish to trek in Peru you may wish to consider the Salkantay Trek. This trek takes you into the beautiful scenery of the Andes without the need for a pass and still gives you the opportunity to visit Machu Picchu after your trek has finished. You can also combine it with the Amazon as an extension. Please see the notes below for more information.
Additional notes for tours that include the Inca Trail
1. In order to regulate the number of people walking on the Inca Trail it is necessary to buy an Inca Trail Pass specific to the days that you wish to travel. There are 200 passes per day for tourists, the remainder are for guides and porters.
2. If you are travelling on an Explore tour, Explore buy the necessary permit on your behalf. This is non-refundable and can’t be refunded or transferred after you have confirmed your booking.
3. Passes sell out quickly, so we would urge that you book your tour well ahead of your intended travel date. New Inca Passes are released in mid-December of each year so ideally we would recommend that you book your tour at least 6 months ahead and by mid to the end of December for the following year where possible.
4. Please note that due to the way the passes are distributed in January although a tour departure may be ‘Guaranteed’ we are unable to guarantee individual Inca Trail passes until we have confirmation that the passes have been purchased. On booking we will be able to tell you the date that your pass should be confirmed, and will contact you immediately in the (unusual) event that it is not. Because of this we would recommend that you either book your flights through Explore or ensure that your tickets are flexible/refundable.
5. In order to buy your pass we will need your: full name, passport number, date of birth and nationality. If you change passport before travelling it will be necessary to provide a copy of both passports in advance of travelling and to carry a copy of your previous passport with you.
6. The Peruvian authorities may change the regulations for the Inca Trail Pass at any time. In the event of this we will inform you as soon as possible.
For availability please check the ‘Dates & prices’ tab on the individual Explore Inca Trail trippages